Tuesday, May 3, 2016

MY NEW OFFICE!

I’ve always done all my work in my bedroom and as of late I’ve been wanting to separate my sleep and work areas so I transformed the spare bedroom next door into an office space! The spare bedroom has been a god damn mess for years now and we kind of used it as a dumping ground. The before pictures don’t do the room justice it was far worse with another cupboard, an ugly bedside table and stacks and stacks of my mums paintings. So after a major clean out and a rearrange I had a somewhat blank canvas to work with.

To get things going I emptied out the already existing book shelf in the room and gave a load of books to the Opshop and began filling the shelf with all my own craft goodies, magazines and sketch books. Next up I rotated the bed, used a white bed cover we already had, picked up this cheap as hell grid cover from Kmart (It was $18) and then one decorative pillow from Target and Ta Da! a whole new bed! I then placed a mirror beside the bed to create even more space but also to disguise my secret charging spot. For the desk I painted an old brown IKEA desk white to freshen it up a little. Then I set up my portable clothes hanger to hang all of my sample tee’s. Lastly to finish the space off I added all the little finishing touches like the photo frames, plants, fairy lights and a feature wall with 2 notice boards and a few other little bits.

I am super excited about this new space for me to create in and design new tee's, write new blog posts and create little random DIY projects. Hopefully this post has inspired at least one person to get up and change a room they don't like in their house. It only takes a little bit of effort and the reward is oh so good. 

Love Alex

8 comments:

  1. Incredible! :)

    www.anetesdomas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the make over girl ! I'm a graphic designer as well, and it's important to be inspired by your office surroundings . Xx www.rapunzille.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black and white design in your office. The only thing that seems off is the fact that the bed looks too comfortable. I would be making all sorts of excuses to take afternoon naps on that bed. The room looks so neat and clean in that color style, too. I also love the metal bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Can confirm no naps have been taken, Thank you! x

      Delete
  4. Your new office looks good. It looks bright and cheerful. You should be able to think clearly and get a lot of work done in such an inviting space. Using the mirror to hide the charging port and give the illusion of more space was a good idea. That looks like a great creative space for designing tees and writing blog posts.

    ReplyDelete